Attend an Event
"The Invisible Woman, Mental Health Superpowers" - unlocking the unique power of misunderstood people with mental health challenges and disabilities"
September 25, 2018
"Mental Well-being for the Corporation"
September 26, 2018
Do you live with a mental health or disability challenge? Do you know someone who does? Do you feel that the topic is widely misunderstood, both by those living with it and the general population? Do you want to understand better?
Here are just some of the facts:
- 1 in 5 people struggle with mental health (43.8M in the US and 7.17M in Canada)
- 80% of those are left with no/insufficient treatment
- Mental health is the cause of 1 /3 of disability claims
- 1M US and 500,000 Canadian employees miss work every day due to mental health or workplace stress
- Economic loss due to mental health in America is $193.2 billion and $10 billion in Canada per annum
"The Invisible Woman"
Focuses on proper understanding and how these challenges can be embraced and used as an advantage. She discusses these concepts in relation to life in general, workplace, entrepreneurship, relationships, school and overall physical and mental health. People with mental health challenges and disabilities are NOT broken!
Through personal experience, Brett has learned effective approaches to and you will walk away with:
- Educate others about mental health and disabilities
- Overcoming obstacles & barriers
- Managing anxiety & stress
- Facing external difficulties and the attitudes of others
- Breaking down and getting past the stigma
- Turn disabilities into abilities.
"Mental Well-being for the Corporation"
Fact is, not only is it the right thing to help your co-workers and employees with their mental health and disabilities, it’s also the best way of making sure they stay motivated and do the best work they can. Neglecting this actually causes severe economic loss for organizations all over the world! To help with that, we offer several different workplace seminars, including ‘Mental Health in a Management Setting', ‘Mental Health on a Corporate Level', Mental Health at an Employee Level' and 'Mental Well-being for the Corporation'. Each seminar targets very important levels within an organization that can have a major impact on people suffering with mental health and disability conditions.
Even without an apparent and present issue, addressing mental health at the workplace has enormous effect on the productivity of the company as a whole. Employees are affected by stress, both related to work and their personal lives, they put in overtime, feel under appreciated, or experience a lack of enjoyment in their employment... the list goes on. Talking about these and providing an outlet is a need, and is beneficial for all those involved. People with mental health challenges and disabilities are NOT broken. People will often hide their problems, especially at a workplace setting, but these issues do not discriminate, and neither should you!
This workshop is directed at discussing mental health itself, and not mental illnesses, suited for the entire corporation as an audience.
The topics discussed are:
- How stress and unhappiness can affect a workplace and how they contribute to economic loss
- Workplace stress
- Employees enjoyment of work
- Workplace conflict
- Reducing economic loss
- Performance improvement
Do you have Tourette's? Awesome! How about anxiety? Great! Depression? So what?! ADHD, OCD? Right on!
Diagnosed with Tourette’s Syndrome, severe ADHD, anxiety, OCD and panic disorder. Brett Francis is a professional speaker and mental health advocate, with a TV and radio show. - Her radio show, Not Broken® Radio has 1.8M+ online listeners alone (Website, RSS feeds and podcast) and is heard on hundreds of stations throughout the globe! She’s also a best selling author and has a mental health clothing line, all aimed towards having open and honest discussion about mental health and disabilities and also to give confidence to those struggling.
- "Invisible Woman" --> September 25, 2018, choose from one of two sessions: 9:00 - 12:00 or 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
- "Mental Well-being" --> September 26, 2018, choose from one of two sessions: 9:00 - 12:00 or 1:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Where: Online (Link and invite will be sent to you before event via email)
Who should attend: Individuals, managers, staff, friends or family
- Tickets: Early bird $149 + GST (Save 25% until August 28, 2018)
How to register: Complete the registration below or call 855.910.8255 ext 1.
Please forward this information to any team members, friends or family who could benefit from this session.
Brett also delivers these messages for individual organizations and conferences. For more information on how Brett can benefit your organization, visit Brett's homepage at www.brettfrancis.ca.
You can register and pay for this session Online (secure payment via credit card or PayPal), or by phone.
- Tickets: Earlybird $149 + GST (Save 25% until August 28, 2018)
Group rate: Ten or more from the same organization will receive a 10% discount. Please fill out the form HERE or call 855.910.8255 ext 1.
Registrations cancelled 14 or more days prior to the workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $25 administration fee.
Registrations cancelled less than 14 days prior to the workshop can either receive a credit towards a future workshop or may transfer registration to another individual. In this case, please email the name of the alternate person who will be attending.